2 Year Anniversary – Win a new iPod Nano
The contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone that entered.
Can you believe Gather Little by Little has been online for 2 years now? Me neither, but it has.
Since July 2nd of 2007, I’ve published 700 articles (this is article #700), had more than 690,000 unique visitors, 1.1 million page views, and more than 3,000 people have subscribed!! Wow. God has really blessed.
Gather Little by Little started on a small personal blogger blog where I was writing about personal finance, then towards the end of July I decided to start a personal finance blog. The sole purpose was to share what I was learning about personal finance in order to help others. Since then I’ve received several hundred emails from readers thanking me for writing on Gather Little by Little and sharing how much GLBL has changed their lives. I even have one couple who reads my daily articles together.
Gather Little by Little has grown far bigger than I ever thought it would and it has taken me places I never imagined. 2 years ago I barely knew what a blog was, now I not only have a top Christian personal finance blog, but a number of other smaller blogs as well. Coupling my blogging experience with my technical background also allowed me to start my Empty Cabin Media consulting and development business which has become another huge success. Who would have thought huh?
My success though is due to God and you. I truly believe that God gave me a mission through GLBL and without you, the readers of Gather Little by Little, this blog would be just another of the millions of websites on the internet. You are what makes Gather Little by Little a special place. I cannot say thank you enough.
To help say thank you, I’ve lined up a number of giveaways to celebrate GLBL’s 2 year anniversary. As always, I’m making the contest very easy to enter. You can two entries this time though:
- Adding a comment below will earn you one entry. I’d love to hear how long you’ve been reading and what about GLBL makes you keep coming back.
- Subscribe to my daily feed. If you subscribe and send me the secret phrase displayed at the bottom of each of my published daily articles you’ll get another entry. If you aren’t sure what “subscribing means”, it just means you’ll automatically receive a my latest posts via email or RSS feed. You can subscribe via email or RSS. Don’t worry, I’ll never SPAM you and if you aren’t sure about RSS, you can read about RSS here.
Important Update: A number of people have been posting the subscription secret phrase in the comments section. If you do this, the secret phrase is no longer secret! Please don’t do this. If you do your comment will be deleted and you won’t qualify for the giveaway.
Here are the prizes up for grabs!
- iPod Nano 8Gb – If you win, you pick the color!
- Free copy of You Need a Budget Pro
- 1-year free subscription to NeoBudget
- Upside Living in a Downside Economy by Mike Slaughter
- Money Strategies for Tough Times by Matt Bell
- The Skinny on The Housing Crisis by Jim Randel
- The Skinny on Willpower by Jim Randel
- The FAITH-BASED Investor by Jay Peroni
The contest will run for a little over 2 weeks. I’ll post the winners on Friday July 17th. Please make sure you leave a valid email, as that is how I’ll contact you if you win. If I can’t contact you, you can’t win. Winners will be chosen randomly and each winner will receive only one prize.
Thank you again for reading Gather Little by Little. 2 Years! Woot Woot!
Photo by: ritchielee
- A 2008 financial goal and a chance to win an iPod
- One year of gathering little by little
- January – A great way to start the year
- The Friday Gathering – 2009 New Year Edition