When will I recieve my $250.00 stimulus check
As part of the 2009 stimulus package, President Obama made sure that everyone was included. For people that work they receive tax credits, for people who don’t and receive Social Security, he included a one-time $250.00 stimulus check. Stimulus payments are slated to go to people who receive Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, railroad retirement benefits or veteran’s benefits. The total to be distributed? Over 13 million dollars. The 52 million eligible recipients started receiving their stimulus checks in May 7 of this year (2009).
One catch that many of you may not be aware of is that checks will be distributed to some that are both receiving social security benefits AND working jobs that provide taxable income. In this case people you will receive both a $250 stimulus check and the tax credits via your paycheck. But here’s the catch, you can’t keep both. If you receive both the stimulus check and the tax credits, you’ll be required to deduct it from your tax credit next year when you file your returns for the 2009 tax year.
In cases like I just described, the stimulus check you may receive isn’t a “gift” as you might think think, but in fact a loan that you’ll have to payback at tax time next year.
When will I receive my stimulus check?
If you are in fact entitled to a $250.00 stimulus check, there is nothing you need to do to “apply”. Checks will be automatically sent to qualified citizens. If you haven’t received your check by June 4th, 2009 and you are confident you qualify, contact Social Security. Be aware that you will receive your payment the same way you currently receive your Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit. If your monthly benefit is by check, Social Security will deliver your one-time payment by check. If you receive your benefits via direct deposit or Direct Express debit card, you will receive your one-time payment the same way.
Wait! I have more questions
I’m sure some of you are in unique situations and may have very specific questions. If so, please visit the Social Security Administration FAQ page. They have provided answers to many unique situations.
Wishing you could get these types of payments more often?
Instead of relying on the government to provide you with an economic stimulus, consider creating your own economic stimulus check. Here’s how:
- Get paid to read email by signing up for MyPoints. MyPoints is really easy. You receive a few emails each day and by clicking through on the emails or by completing the survey’s sent to you you are given points. Points can be exchanged for gift cards from places like Gap, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Overstock, Barnes & Noble and a ton of other retailers. Read more about how to earn points with MyPoints in my saving money with points article.
- Earn points by completing surveys on MySurvey.com. Points can later be redeemed for cash or merchandise. Read about my experience with getting paid to take surveys.
- Get paid to complete offers by using CashCrate. Simply complete free offers and get paid, simple as that.
Photo by: javYliz
- When will I get my economic stimulus rebate check?
- Will there be another economic stimulus check?
- Didn't receive your economic stimulus check?
- Create your own economic stimulus check
- Is the economic stimulus package a loan?