The Friday Gathering – The spring sick edition
Seems that the sickness time of the year has once again come upon the “Gibble family”. I spent all of last weekend and Monday and Tuesday down and out with what I think was the flu combined with bronchitis. I was miserable. I’m still not 100%, but certainly feeling a whole lot better than I did. No sooner did I start to feel better, my wife now has the same thing and my 6 year old son came home from school early on Wednesday and has been diagnosed with the flu.
This seems to be the time of year that is worst for our family when it comes to getting sick. Not sure exactly why, but I guess it’s due to the changing weather. Do any of you have this same problem during this time of the year? I thought flu season was well behind us at this point. Praying at this point our other 5 children can fend it off!
- Cash Money Life 2 Year Anniversary Giveaway! – My friend and fellow M-Network blogger Patrick is celebrating the 2 year anniversary of Cash Money Life. Head over and congratulate him and enter to win all of the great giveaways. Congrats Patrick!
- LikeaHolix – As a blogger, an important part of making your blog successful is staying current on the new internet trends. Two former Google employees created Likaholix and it’s a a great way to share your likes and discoveries with people you know. If you’re interested in trying it, I currently have 10 invites I can share. It’s an interesting concept. Still needs some user-interface polishing, but I really think it will be successful.
I’ve continued to be good about submitting to blog carnivals each week, and this week I participated in 3:
- Carnival of Personal Finance – Green Panda Treehouse hosted the Carnival of Personal Finance#196: Music Edition where my article: 7 ways companies are cutting back this year! was an Editor’s choice!
- Festival of Frugality – Remodeling This Life hosted the Festival of Frugality #169: St. Patrick’s Day Edition. My article: Money Saving Tips: Share Yours For a Chance at $25 was included. You can read a summary of all the replies to post over at: 95+ Money Saving Tips – From the readers!
- Money Hacks Carnival – Good Financial Cents hosted the Money Hacks Carnival- March Madness Baby!. A guest post 3 steps to smart shipping spendings written for Gather Little by Little was included.
Thanks to all the hosts for hosting. A great deal of time and effort goes into putting these carnivals postings together.
- Tightwad Tuesday: Travel on a Budget – Lynnae was at SXSW (a media conference) and provides some great tips on how to keep your travel costs down.
- 5 Easy Ways to Cut Your Grocery Bill – We’re always trying to cut our food expenses since that’s one of biggest outgoing expenses. Great tips here.
- Accountability: Sometimes You Need Someone To Slap You On The Back Of Your Head – I agree 100%. I like to call it getting whacked with a 2×4.
- The 23 best freeware programs for windows – Bob shares lots of great freeware software. I am a huge advocate and user of freeware and open source software.
- Living Above Your Means: Thoughts from the High Seas – This article really resonated with me, as we used to live a bit like this, but no more.
Photo by: irrezolut