Festival of Frugality – 162nd Edition
Welcome to the 162nd Edition of the Festival of Frugality. For those of you who may not be familiar with the Festival of Frugality, it’s a blog carnival that spotlights all of the excellent ideas floating around the blogosphere that help squeeze a few extra pennies, nickels, dimes, or quarters out of every dollar.
I’m your host Glblguy (also called Gibble) and I’m the founder of Gather Little by Little. If you’re new here, thanks for visiting and I’m really glad to have you. If you’ve been here before, welcome back!
This weeks carnival had 84 article submissions of which 64 awesome frugal articles are included below. While it may take you a while to read them all, it will be time well spent. Trust me, I read each and every one of them (all in one night I might add).
Below are my favorites out of the whole lot:
- The Fun of Frugality posted at MoneyTheory.
- How to save $$$ when – Grocery Store Edition posted at My Frugal Front Porch.
- 50 Ways to Budget Travel and Save Money on Vacations posted at Money Ning.
- The perqs of pinching pennies posted at Funny about Money.
Other great stuff
While these didn’t make editors picks, they are still great articles.
- Nickel & Dime Tips For Young People posted at Studenomics.
- Frugal Wedding Tip: When Should You Have It? posted at Your Money Relationship.
- Rerun: Skipping EVEN MORE Nickels and Dimes for Bigger Savings posted at Wisdom From Wenchypoo’s Mental Wastebasket.
- Best 0% APR Credit Cards posted at Blueprint for Financial Prosperity.
- Budgeting Basics: Budgets Matter posted at My Family’s Money.
- Tangled Hill: 50 Small Steps toward Frugality posted at Tangled Hill.
- When To Use Your Emergency Fund posted at Master Your Card.
- Save Money By Not Going Abroad For Your Holiday This Year posted at Reading UK.
- Start your New Year Right .. and Green « Manely Montana posted at Manely Montana.
- Look At the Prices, Not the Name of the Store posted at The Penny Daily.
- Unorthodox Ways to Save Money posted at Debt Reduction Formula.
- Grocery Savings – How To Save $100s posted at FSC Blog.
- Top Ten Paid Survey Sites to Make Extra Money posted at FIRE Finance.
- Can You Pay for a Costco Membership by Eating Free Samples? posted at Free Money Finance.
- Price Match Guarantees posted at My Wealth Builder.
- The really obvious thing we all forget when borrowing money posted at Monevator.
- Five Frugal Foods (that are actually good for you) posted at Financial Reflections.
- Finding Frugality posted at Wide Open Wallet.
- Want A FREE Eco-Friendly Dry Cleaning Bag? posted at The Greenest Dollar.
- Luxury Goods Are the New Porn posted at Watson Inc.
- A New Budget For a New Year? Five Pitfalls To Avoid posted at Jeff Rose.
- Couples and Money : Issues and Expectations posted at Saving to Invest.
- Should you pay off debt, save or invest? posted at Military Finance Network.
- File Your Income Taxes Online for Free posted at No Debt Plan.
- Why Costco Works For Us posted at This Wasn’t in The Plan.
- Read Your Credit Card Statement – Detail is Important posted at Passive Family Income.
- Heat Therapy Bags ~ A Valentine’s Gift posted at Make It From Scratch.
- Why You Should Never Be A Part Time Writer posted at Isaac Yassar’s Overture.
- Free Home Budget Software For Beginners posted at Money Galaxy.
- Free stock trades at Zecco posted at Cash Money Life.
- Is it frugal to split meals? posted at LivingAlmostLarge.
- Gaming For Less: Play The Best Video Games On A Budget posted at The Digerati Life.
- Frugality is the fastest way to a better bottom line posted at Mighty Bargain Hunter.
- Sacrifice and Save Money with Store Brands posted at The Happy Rock.
- 5 Ways to Save With Your Bank posted at Debt Free Destiny.
- Don’t Treat Your Credit Card Limit as Income posted at CreditCardAssist.com.
- Is a No Limit Credit Card a Good Idea? posted at Apply4-credit.com.
- Borders Coupons Leave Money for Chai Tea Lattes posted at Personal Finance Analyst.
- The frugal single posted at Coffee For One.
- Tips on Saving Money When Buying Tires- and Making Your Vehicle’s Tires Last Longer posted at Think Your Way to Wealth.
- Low Cost Entertainment for the Kids on a Budget posted at The Family Wallet.
- I Refuse to Pay Fees to Change My Name! posted at My Dollar Plan.
- Tips to Increase Your Chance of Selling Your Home posted at How to Sell Your Own Home.
- When Spending is Frugal posted at Uncommon Cents.
- Why Balance Transfer Offers and Cash Rewards Don’t Mix posted at Credit Card Offers IQ.
- Limited to 20 Euro ATM Withdraws in France from US Bank, Why? posted at Me, My Kid and Life: An American Single Mom Living in France.
- Sports with Debt posted at DebtGoal.
- Use IRS Free File to e-File for Free (Even with a High Income) posted at Prime Time Money.
- Making Due posted at Out of Debt – Christian Finances and Debt Help.
- Why Saving is Like Dieting, Part 2 posted at Modern Gal.
- Credit Card Debt It Is Not Always Your Fault posted at Finance Tips 101.
- The Argument for Spending More on Food posted at Cheap Healthy Good.
- Is Frugality Totally For Me? | The Strump posted at The Strump – Financial Blog.
- Eliminate the budget-busters from your weekly shop posted at FruGal.
- Review of WT Direct Online Savings Account posted at The Dough Roller.
- Go on, cut that cable! Websites for Watching Free TV Full Episodes, Movies and News Online posted at Pecuniarities.
Thanks to all of the bloggers who submitted articles and to he Festival of Frugalityy for having such a great carnival. Most importantly, thank you for visiting.
- What is Frugality and Are We Frugal?
- Carnival of Debt Reduction #161 – Fall Colors Edition
- Carnival of Money Stories Edition #92
- 148th Edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance!
- The Carnival of Debt Reduction #170