The Friday Gathering – Learning new things edition
I love learning new things. Our new home here in the mountains has given me an opportunity to learn all kinds of new things. Most of it so far as been around our house and the different “technologies” it uses compared to our old house: For example:
- We now have a heat pump where we had gas heat before. I knew very little about heat pumps before.
- Our new home has a septic system instead of city sewer. First time having a septic system, so been reading up. A bit gross, but necessary knowledge…otherwise you get gross problems!
- We have well water instead of city water. I LOVE well water, especially up here in the mountains. Ice cold and tastes great. It’s a bit harder than I would prefer, but I’m getting used to it.
- Since there is no community natural gas service, we have a propane tank for our gas fireplace. We ran out of gas earlier this week, and have been on a quest this week to get a new and larger tank. Had no idea there were as many options as there are. Most people lease their tanks…who knew! Did you know that a 120 gallon tank only holds 96 gallons of propane?
- It’s Easy to Let Things Slip – I love articles like this. Just because we write on personal finance, it doesn’t mean we don’t make mistakes and poor decisions sometimes. Kudos to you Caveman for being honest and for admitting you’re human.
- Should You Repair Old Appliance Or Buy A New One?
- Examining Expectations – You Are Not The Jones
- How Little Changes Can Add Up To Thousands Of Saved Dollars.
- “Accidental” Savings
- Bailouts hurt our standard of living
- Announcing My First Book, “365 Ways to Live Cheap” – Congratulations Trent! Hope it sells well for you!
- What About An Integrity Bailout?
Photo by: hlkljgk