The Friday gathering – Finally Christmas Vacation!
As of yesterday, I finally started my Christmas vacation. I was supposed to start on Monday, but due to some ongoing issues at work, I needed to hang out an extra few days. I’m off until January 5th, a little more than two weeks. We don’t take a great deal of vacation and when we do it’s seldom more than 1 week at a time, except for during Christmas where I generally try to take 2-3 weeks off.
I really look forward to this time off each year and enjoy spending time with my family, catching up on some things around the house, and just doing a whole lot of nothing! It’s a time for me to mentally recoup and just relax.
Because I’m on vacation, I don’t plan on having a consistant posting schedule over the next 2 weeks. Given this, don’t be too surprised if you visit a day or two in a row and I haven’t published anything new. I promise I’ll be back in the normal swing of things in January.
- Adam from Your Money Relationship asked me via Twitter to mention that he’s planning a contest for January and would like your input. Please head over and share your thoughts!
- The Digerati Life is giving away an Epson Workforce 600 Printer. REALLY nice printer too, even has built in wi-fi!
- Bob from ChristianPF is asking us to to Help him find the best Christian Financial websites. Have a site you like to read? Make sure you head over and add a comment to Bob’s post. Feel free to mention Gather Little by Little ;-)
Heads-up, lots of really great reads this week. I really tried to prune the list down as much as I could, but just couldn’t eliminate any of these:
- panic not – even a recession has opportunities @ plonkee money
- God Must Have Died @ The Blazing Center
- Trusting God in a recession @ ChristianPF
- Preparing the Way For Baby – A Checklist For New Parents @ That One Caveman
- The Power of the Snowflake @ Being Frugal
- Serenity Prayer For Finances @ Frugal Dad
- I am Debt Free as of Today! @ Consumerism Commentary – Congrats Flexo!!
- 5 Ways To Deal With Holiday Budget Stress @ Oh My Aching Debts
- Fun Facts About The Great Seal of the United States @ Blueprint for Financial Prosperity – VERY interesting read about the history of the design of the dollar bill.
- Christian Owner @ Four Pillars – While I don’t agree with this post at all, the discussion in the comments is very interesting.
- Comparing the Costs of Different Heating Fuels @ Don’t Feed The Alligators
- Talk Does Not Cook Rice… @ Jay Peroni
- 150+ Ways to Save Money Over the Holidays @ Million Dollar Journey
Photo by: fischerhuder