The Friday gathering – Moving Edition
You guys have been reading about my search for a new home, our decision to move to the mountains, about us finally finding one, then the purchase process and now finally the time has come. We’re moving!
We’re having a huge garage sale tomorrow to sell all of the junk…er…valuable items we don’t want to take with us. Once that’s all gone, we’ll finish packing up all but the essentials. The moving truck arrives bright and early on Wednesday morning to begin loading us up. Our closing is scheduled for Thursday morning at 10:00, and following that we’ll meet the moving company up at the new house at noon for them to unload us.
We’ve begun saying goodbye to our friends and neighbors. Our children have begun saying goodbye to their friends as well. While we are excited to begin our new life in the mountains, we’re sad to leave the place that’s been our home for more than 11 years. Life’s all about change though, and it’s time for us and our children to go through some. It will be a good change, but change regardless of how good, is always a little difficult.
I received a call from our mortgage processor today. Our loan went to closing and the paperwork has been sent to the closing attorney’s office. The sellers of the home finished up all of their repairs except the broken window which been ordered and will be installed later next week. So our loan and the new house is ready to go. I even got really lucky and locked our interest rate just before interest rates went back up. I’m right at 6.1%
I also called and set-up our utilities this week. Power is being turned over into our name on Wednesday and phone service will be enabled. The DSL and Satelite TV installation staff will come out later in the week to get us set-up.
We still are yet to sell our current home, but remain hopeful. We just lowered the price down another $10,000 and printed up some new fliers in hopes that might help. We are really praying for some showings this weekend and an offer! What a blessing that would be.
I’ll have posts for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, but beyond that, no promises. If any of you would like to contribute some guest articles before Tuesday, I’ll be more than glad to run them next week. Just drop me a line with the article and I’ll get it scheduled! I’ll be offline from Wednesday to whenever we get our DSL set-up. I’m hoping to be back to a normal posting schedule by Monday the 20th even if I have to visit the local internet cafe we found down the road.
Carnivals this week
Once again I completely forgot to submit to any carnivals, but I did host one. If you missed, make sure you check out the Carnival of Debt Reduction I hosted this week. There were some great articles submitted!
Here are my top picks from the M-Network and beyond this week:
- Frugalist Expense Reduction Guide @ Moolanomy
- Mac & Cheese: Comfort food or poor person’s dinner? @ MSN MoneyCentral
- I’m Back from Walmart Headquarters! @ Frugal Mom Reviews (aka Lynnae)
- 10 Unconventional Money-Saving Tips @ Get Rich Slowly
- Dollar Cost Averaging vs. Value Averaging @ Cash, Money, Life
- Encouraging Bible Verses for the Financial Crisis @ ChristianPF
- It’s Great the Market Went Up, But Don’t Get Stupid @ That One Caveman
- Quicken Online Review @ Blueprint for Financial Prosperity
- Five Mind Hacks To Save More And Spend Less@ I’ve Paid For This Twice Already…
- A Brief Introduction to Asset Allocation
- Will There Be A Second Stimulus Check? I Hope Not. @ My Two Dollars
- impressing people @ Plonkee Money
- How to Survive (and Thrive) in a Recession