The Friday gathering – No gas edition
Wow, this has really been an “interesting” week. First we started down the path of purchasing our new home, then the government announced the possible bailout package, and I turned 39 yesterday! Hard to believe I’m almost 40…wow, just writing that number is scary.
Things are bad enough right now with the falling markets, failing banks, and the overall economy tanking, but now we have no gas. No, not me personally, but many of the gas stations in our area are out of gas (4 out of 5 actually). It seems that for some reason we’ve been unable to get enough gas shipped to our area and many of the gas stations are out of gas. There were huge traffic issues yesterday due to long lines at gas stations. Some people have even been calling into work and saying they couldn’t make it due not having enough gas to drive into work. As I am typing this, the news just said people were camped out at a gas station waiting for a tanker truck to arrive that never showed! Some people waited for 4-5 hours, just to be told they had to leave. The situation is pretty bad and makes it very clear how dependent we are on oil.
What’s really weird is that all of the gas stations that have the new digital price displays are showing “0.00″/gallon. Now that’s cheap!
The good news is that we’re supposed to start seeing gas in stations in the next 24-48 hours along with the fact that I filled up earlier this week, so we have enough gas to do the things we need to do this weekend.
I participated in a a few blog carnivals this week.
- Kids and Money — September 24, 2008 which included my article Christian teen budgeting
- Festival Of Frugality #144 – The Host Bailed Out Edition. included my article Brand Spankin Used
- Carnival of Personal Finance #171: Celebrate Fall Edition included my article on How to Sell a Used Car
- Buying a House Is More Than Just a Financial Transaction
- Walmart Is Trying To Lose My Business
- How much is your child’s education worth?
- Could Good Come Out of the Economic Crisis?
- How to Buy a Beginner Digital Camera
- Dear Government: So Let Me Get This Straight…
- Appreciating what you have is hard
- My Wife and I Went on a Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Want to save? Join the ‘Dollar Bill Challenge’
- What Caused The Financial Crisis Of 2008?
- The Twelve Biggest Personal Finance Mistakes People Make Over and Over Again
- Lots of Zeros
- Where Do We Go From Here? How About Back To The Basics
- How Much House You Can Afford?
Photo by: eschipul
- The Friday gathering: Whoosh edition
- The Friday Gathering: Nintendo Wii Edition
- The Friday Gathering – Spring Break vacation edition
- The Friday gathering: M-Network Vacation Guide Edition
- The Friday Gathering – Life change edition