The Friday gathering for 5/30/2008
Photo by: ?ick Harris
Looking at my subscriber numbers this week, I finally crossed the 1500 subscriber threshold. All I can say is wow! and thank you! I continue to be amazed at how many of you read Gather Little by Little on a daily basis. Based on the number of encouraging emails I get each week, it would seem you enjoy my writing and get something positive out of it as well. That is what it’s all about for me, making a difference.
I also realized that I have a significant number of new readers and I thought it might be beneficial for them to know what my normal posting schedule is, assuming of course you haven’t already figured it out:
- Monday - Money Saving Monday – Every Monday I share a money saving tip.
- Tuesday through Thursday – Various personal finance articles
- Friday - What you’re reading right now, the Friday gathering. The Friday gatherings contain various personal and financial topics, announcements and my favoriate personal finance article picks of the week.
- Saturday - Guest posts from various writers, authors and personal finance bloggers
- Sunday - Sunday Lyrics where I post the lyrics and YouTube video link to my favorite contemporary Christian music.
Stuff worth mentioning
- Guest Posts Needed – As I mentioned above, each Saturday I feature a guest post by another writer or blogger. Interested in writing a guest post to be featured on Gather Little by Little? Contact me!
- Time is running out to win the $75.00 Amazon gift card I am giving away. Make sure you enter the contest. I’ll be announcing the winner Monday morning (6/2)!
- Of course I’d like you to visit Gather Little by Little everyday next week, but in particular make sure you stop by on Wednesday. The M-Network will be doing something I think you’ll enjoy. Yep, that’s all you get for now!
- M-Network member Pinyo from Moolanomy.com announced PF Buzz this week. PF Buzz is a Digg like site, but focused on personal finance. It’s a great way to find top personal finance articles along with finding new blogs to add to your blogroll or reader list. Make sure you check it out, he did an amazing job.
- Jim from Blueprint for Financial Prosperity put together a really nice (and free) eBook called College Grad Money Guide. The book contains everything a recent college graduate needs to know about personal finance. Here is his article with the details on how you can get a copy.
Here are favorites of the favorites this week from my blogroll:
- US dollar outlook 2008, 2009 and beyond From $aving to Invest
- What’s Your Financial IQ? Here’s A Test from Moolanomy
- Frugal Living Bandaid: Give Yourself an Allowance from One Caveman’s Financial Journey
- Don’t Let the Reality of Future Debt Discourage Present Progress from I’ve Paid For This Twice Already…
- Survey Site That Actually Pays from Debt Dieter
- 24 Hours, 24 Ways We Save Money from The Simple Dollar
- What is Phishing–A Real Life Example from The Dough Roller
- The Dave Ramsey Baby Steps: Everybody’s a Critic from Frugal Dad
- Advice For Handling A New Or Used Car Purchase. from My Two Dollars
- Teeny Credit Cards and Big Problems – Are Credit Cards for Tweens and Teens a Good Idea? from Being Frugal
- New Economy Sizing for Coca Cola from Oh My Aching Debts