The Friday gathering for 5/23/2008
Photo by: Mr.Thomas
Today is my wife and I’s 16 year anniversary. It simply doesn’t seem like 16 years. In my mind it seems like only yesterday we were married in a small baptist church with only 30 or guests. I will never forgot the feeling I had when “Here comes the bride” began playing, and l looked up and saw my beautiful wife. It was the happiest moment of my life. I never for a second questioned my decision to marry her, and knew from the moment I first met her that we were supposed to be together. 16 years, 6 kids and a few “bumps in the road of life” later I love her even more. It’s truly amazing that no matter how much you love someone, you can love them even more each day you spend together.
Happy Anniversary sweety, I love you more than infinity and am so thankful God brought you into my life.
Moving on to some other less sappy happenings from this week:
- I submitted articles to 3 carnivals this week:
- The Carnival of personal finance, where my article Unhappy with your job? You’re not alone was included.
- The Carnival of Debt Reduction, where my article Lies, money and marriage – what can you do? was an editor’s pick!
- The Festival of Frugality, where my article Surviving a recession – what you need to do now also made editor’s pick!
- My article The Emotional Snowball was selected Snowflake Tip of the week
- I wrote a guest post for Kacie over at Sense to Save that went up this week while Kacie and her husband celebrated their first anniversary.
- The MSN Smart Spending blog highlighted my article Lies, Money and Marriage. Head over and check out Smart Spending, Karen and Donna have an awesome blog.
- I have a $75 Amazon.com gift card giveaway going on right now. Lots of people have entered so far, so make sure you don’t miss out on a chance to win!
- I also found that I’ve been nominated as a top 10 emerging influential blog for 2008 by Lugud, Pies and Magpies, and Being Frugal. Thank you so much for the nominations! I’d pass out if I won!
Here are my article picks from my blogroll this week:
- Frugal Living For Beginners
- Looking Back: The Difference 9 Years Makes
- Vermicomposting: Making a Home For Your Worms
- I should choose frugal over cheap for appliances
- How to Save Hundreds by Playing the Drugstore Game
- 10 Websites Where You Can Manage Your Money Online For Free
- Making the Hard Choice
I’ll be taking the day off from blogging on Monday to celebrate the holiday with my family. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!