My picks for emerging influential blogs
Photo by: Nils Geylen
Influential Blogger is running an interesting group writing project that identifies new and emerging blogs. These are blogs that are “gradually gaining a considerable amount of readership and influence.” I’ve had the honor of being nominated a few times, and wanted to join in and share my nominations:
- Moolanomy – Pinyo, author of Moolanomy started at almost the same time I did, and takes a very unique approach to personal finance. Pinyo often tackles the more complex aspects of personal finance and investing. His blog design and approach is a leader in the personal finance arena.
- Skelliewag – Skellie is another blogger who started around the same time I did. I recall interacting with her on Chris Garret’s Authority Blogger Forum back when we were first starting out. Skellie provides thorough and insightful content on blog design and approach and really offered something unique to the “meta-blog”/problogging area. She quickly sky rocketed to success in this area.
- FrugalDad – While there are many blogs on frugal living popping up almost daily, FrugalDad has managed to jump into the cream of the crop in an extremely short time frame. This is due to providing high quality content and writing, and by providing a unique perspective on the topic. Being male, he’s also a minority in the frugal field primarily made up of female writers. He’s recently been selected to write on Wise Bread, one of the top personal finance blogs on the internet.
- Bible Money Matters – Pete jumped into the Christian Personal finance scene just a few months ago and has already made a big splash. His blog design is clean, his writing top quality, and he has the ability to seamlessly weave scripture and biblical information into his personal finance related topics. I’m very glad to have Pete blogging in the same topic area I do.
- Mrs. Micah – Mrs. Micah brings the energy and spirit of youth into the personal finance topic area. Her blog is very personal, and she’s not afraid to share with her readers what she is thinking or feeling. This allows her readers to very quickly connect and develop a relationship with her. She is also well known for being a prevalent commentator on blogs, providing well thought out and value add comments.
- The Wisdom Journal – The wisdom journal is another blog that’s only been live for a short period of time, but has made a huge splash across the blogosphere. Ron’s blog provides tons of life tips, that are meaningful and thought provoking. He’s not only grown his reader list quickly, but has even been incredibly popular on Digg a few times already!
- One Caveman’s Financial Journey – While the newest blog on my list, I’ve really enjoyed reading the Caveman’s posts. His articles are incredibly well written and unique. The Caveman and his wife are focused on raising their new daughter, getting out of debt and growing “real net worth”. Keep an eye on his blog, it’s going places.
Be sure to check back at Influential Blogger to keep up with the picks for the Top 10 Emerging Influential Bloggers of 2008. And to nominate your own picks, read the rules here and write a post of your own.