The Friday Gathering For 4/18/2008
Photo by: esphipul
I had a great week. The training I attended was probably one of the best classes I’ve ever taken. I came back to work with some great ideas for improving our software development process and bringing my team together even more. While I’m not a big fan of class room training generally, this does prove when the training is done by a top notch instructor who is an authority in their field, it makes a huge difference. This was definitely an epiphany class for me.
- Free $25 from Revolutionary Money Exchange – By now you may have heard the buzz about a new online payment service that competes directly with PayPal called Revolution Money Exchange. The big difference being, Revolution Money Exchange has no fees! Right now, they have a special promotion where you get a free $25.00 just for signing up! Click the green box above to get you free $25!
- New M-Network Website – The M-Network has a new dedicated website, with shiny looking 125×125 graphics for each of out blogs along with highlights of our articles. Make sure you check it out, Pinyo did an awesome job!
- the debt snowball – Plonkee talks about my second favorite topic, next to the budget of course. She does a great job on the write, so check it out!
- Handling My Finances in a Slow Economy – Single Guy talks about how he’s handling his money in the slowing economy he sees all around him.
- Home Prices Are Going Down, But We’re Still Not Buying – Even though it’s a great time to buy, Mrs. Micah is holding off. Read her article to find out why…her reasons are solid.
- Rebuilding An Emergency Fund – Green Panda tells us how her emergency fund helped her move across two states to get a better job and a lower cost of living.
- A Hobby Can Be Additional Source Of Income – Good Article on how to make money from your hobby. Be careful though, your hobby can easily become work which can take away all the enjoyment.
- Why Lending Club Has Stopped Taking New Lenders – Pinyo provides his perspective on the whole LendingClub mystery. He thnks they are doing something extraordinary.
- Should You Co-Sign On Your Kid’s Credit Card? – Good article on the thoughts around co-signing for your children. I wouldn’t, but of course I don’t co-sign for anything.
- Teenage Millionaires – This was an interesting read. Ryan profiled two teenage millionaires. Sure wish my teen would was inspired to do something like this! Heck, I wish he was inspired to take out the trash!
- Spending Money is Good – Patrick reminds us that it’s okay to spend sometimes. I agree.
- The Power of Contentment – Powerful post and excellent read. Are you content?
- Tightwad Tuesday: Go Paperless! – This is something I’m working hard to do both at work and at home. Every little bit makes a difference. Great tips Lynnae!
- A Recession Could Do America Some Good – One Caveman reminds us that a recession could be exactly what America needs right now. I think he may be right. As painful as it is, it often requires something drastic to get peoples attention.
- Financial Health is More Than Numbers, It Is Also About Motivation – Excellent post and I agree, it’s mostly motivation. A monkey???
- Revisit your emergency fund periodically – Love the name his church uses for their emergency fund!
- Eight Personal Finance Regrets From the Past Year – Good writeup on somethings Trent regrets. Speaking of taxes for blogging, I need to look into this so it’s not on my list!
- And last but not least, Daily Links: My Favorite Stories from the Past Two Years – J.D. is celebrating the two year anniversary of Get Rich Slowly and shares his favorite stories. Great blog, great guy, and excellent reads. Congrats J.D.!