The Friday Gathering for 2/29/2008
This has been a very inspiring week here at Gather Little by Little, thanks to Gina’s guest post about her financial epiphany. Other bloggers have shared their stories by posting articles on their blogs, and readers have shared their stories and thoughts in the comments. There are truly some amazing stories. I’ve added links to all of the other bloggers who have written about their epiphany moments and I even shared mine. If you haven’t shared yours, I’d invite you to do so. Just think your story might become someone’s epiphany moment and you’ll change someone’s life for the better!
Also this week, I reached a small milestone which brought me one step closer to one of my 2008 goals for this blog, I surpassed 900 subscribers yesterday. It jumped back down today, but that’s just part of the roller coaster subscriber ride I’ve gotten somewhat used to with blogging. 600 or so more subscribers to go and I will reach my 2008 goal of having 1500 subscribers! If you would like to help, subscribe via RSS or via email.
Money Matters for all ages eBook
The M-Network and friends has pulled together all of the great articles from the Money Matters for all ages in a free eBook. Yes, a free eBook. If you haven’t read this series, the eBook is a great opportunity to do so. As the title implies, it addresses money issues for all ages, from infants to senior citizens. We also encourage you to share it with friends, family, neighbors, church, whomever! You can download it here.
Dave Ramsey Baby Steps Series
The M-Network is currently doing a series that is highlighting Dave Ramsey’s Baby Steps and offering our thoughts, insights, and perspectives. Patrick over at Cash Money life provided the overview, and you can find links to all of the articles in my part of the series, Dave Ramsey Baby Step 1 $1000 Emergency Fund. We’re current at step 3.
I’ve mentioned it before, but wanted to mention it again. The M-Network members have a blog about blogging called Blogthority. If you are a blogger, I’d recommend you check it out. There are some really great articles out there. Hoping to finish up writing a few I have in progress and get them posted as well!
I’ve closed out the poll about how you’re doing your taxes this year. The results weren’t surprising. I had 69 total responses that broke down as follows:
39% will use Online Tax Software
32% will use Tax Professionals
13% will use shrink wrap tax software (the kind you buy at the store)
12% will use paper forms
1% will use the IRS online site
3% selected other
My new poll is related to this post, and asks: Do you enjoy/read my Friday Gathering posts? I ask this question because link posts are surprisingly quite a bit of work. I don’t mind doing them at all, but I only want to continue if they are of value to you. After all, that’s who this blog is for…you. If you aren’t, I would rather spend that time writing articles that you might enjoy more.
So please take a second to visit the poll in the side bar and cast your vote! It only takes a second.
- The Evolution of My Budget From Being Frugal
- Make Sure Your Snowflakes Stay Snowflakes From Paid Twice
- Refund Anticipation Loans Suck From Cash Money Life
- The Seven Habits of Wealth From The Dough Roller
- Life Insurance Part 1: How Much Life Insurance Do I Need? From Moolanomy
- Money Mistake Monday – The Affordable Monthly Payments Syndrome. From My Two Dollars
- reminder: saving is different to investing From Plonkee Money
- Avoiding Identity Theft – Part 3 From Single Guy Money
- Pay Day Loans Have Equally Bad Financial Friends From Blueprint for Financial Prosperity
- 5 Basic Frugal Techniques To Help Control Your Spending From The Digerati Life
- Dear Husband: What to do if I die! From My Dollar Plan
- Earn Money by Shopping Online From Mommy Gets Paid
- Role Playing Games and Personal Finance – I SO love playing role playing games. Even play D&D with my kids every Sunday night.
- The one site you must visit before buying anything online. Period. From Wise Bread
- I Quit From The Simple Dollar – Would LOVE to be able to make a similar announcement like Trent’s someday.
- The Friday Gathering for 2/15/2008 – The late edition
- The Friday Gathering for 1/25/2008
- The Friday Gathering for 2/1/2008
- Friday Gathering for 2/22/2008
- The Friday Gathering for 1/4/2008