The Friday Gathering for 1/25/2008
Photo by: jon hanson
I’ve closed down the poll for how you pronounce glblguy. It was very interesting to see the results, and even after my fellow M-Networkers attempts to “skew” the poll, “Global Guy” won, catching 40% of the vote. “Gibble” was next, followed by “Gullible Guy”, which to be honest, I’m glad didn’t win ;-) So thanks for voting.
I’ve put up a new poll about budgeting and would encourage you to vote. I’ve been searching for the right budgeting tool for myself and would be interested in seeing what you guys are using. If you haven’t heard of these products, you can click on the affiliate links a little below the survey over in the sidebar and check them out.
Lastly I would like to thank all of you that commented on my confessions article. You warmed my heart, made me laugh, and honestly even made me tear up a bit. I started this blog to make a difference in people’s lives and to share the hard lessons I learned it hopes that others might not have to learn the way I did. I shared my confessions because frankly had I not, I just wouldn’t have slept at night. I firmly believe I have the best and most supportive readers on the internet…thank you!
Update on Mint.com’s Contest
I received an email from Angela Szesciorka one of the Mint.com bloggers last night letting me know of two changes they’ve made to their contest, which should be up on their site today:
- In addition to winning $5,000 to pay your bills, winners will also receive free credit counseling.
- The dates of the contest have been shortened. Now the contest will run Jan. 31 to March 15. The winners will be awarded on April 1st, so that they can use the money to pay off holiday debt, fund their IRA before April 15, or pay their taxes if the want.
Make sure you head over to Mint.com later today for the official contest site.
- I had the extreme honor of having a guest article I wrote placed on Get Rich Slowly. Once of my personal goals when starting this blog was to write an article and have it posted in an A-list personal finance blog. Having my article on GRS met that goal. Thanks j.d. for giving me the opportunity!
- Plonkee hosted the carnival of money stories: bedtime story edition this week and my article Why you should keep your money in your 401k plan was include. Plonkee did an AWESOME job and was incredible creative. So make sure you check it out.
- I’ve updated my blog roll again. My sincere apologies to all of you that were on there but have been removed. I’ve had to cut back on the number of blogs I read on daily basis, as there just doesn’t seem to be enough time in the day to read all of the sites I’d really like to read. So I had to do some pruning.
- Your Past Influences Your Present at Being Frugal
- Create Your Own Path – Cash Money Life
- Developing a Snowflaking Mentality – Paid Twice
- Market Volatility, Should I Get Out of the Stock Market? – Moolanomy
- Meet The M-Network: An Interview With Lynnae From Being Frugal. – My Two Dollars
- 7 essential pieces of furniture for your first home – Plonkee Money
- Suggestions for your Tax Refund – Part 1 – Single Guy Money
- World Markets Plunge: What should investors do (a multiple choice question)? – The Dough Roller
- Cancel Unused Credit Cards – Blueprint for Financial Prosperity
- How I’ve racked up 1,285 points in less than 2 weeks – Sense to Save
- Recovering from a Holiday Spending Hangover – Millionaire Money Habits
- The Friday Gathering for 1/4/2008
- The Friday Gathering for 1/11/2008
- The Friday Gathering but on Saturday
- The Friday Gathering for 11/30/2007
- The Friday Gathering For 11/16/2007