The Friday Gathering for 1/11/2008
Photo by: tricky.
Well, the “How do you pronounce my name?” survey hasn’t gone as I expected, nor the way my M-Network buddies would like it to have gone either. Lynnae over at Being Frugal.net was even going to send all of her readers over to vote for “Gibble”…my new nickname thanks to them! I’m thinking of recruiting another blogger to help me write articles…Their pen name will be “Bits”.
Seriously, when I chose Glblguy, I never really gave much thought to how it was pronounced…I just selected it as a short hand for “Gather Little by Little Guy”. Which leads me to something I would like to clarify for everyone. I often have people wonder why I blog anonymously. Some people are more direct about it and others just make indirect comments. I blog anonymously, not because I have anything to hide but because I work in the financial industry and I am concerned about my blog being seen as a conflict of interest by my employer. So while I don’t use my real name (no it’s not really glblguy or Gibble) nor do you know exactly where I live, all of the stories you read and information you have learned about me is 100% true.
Anyway, whether you call be Gibble, Global Guy, Gather Little by Little Guy, or whatever your brain reads glblguy as, I’m just glad to know you. I am also honored by the fact you visit my site and read my ramblings. Thank you.
Carnivals this week:
I only participated in one carnival this week, the daddy of them all, Carnival of Personal Finance 134: Building on the Basics hosted by Mrs. Micah. She included my article 6 Ways to Kick Off Your Personal Finance New Year the Right Way.
This weeks gathering:
Here’s my top article selections from this week:
- Being Frugal – Is There a Downside To Gazelle Intensity?
- Cash Money Life – I Transfered My Cell Phone Contract Yesterday and Didn’t Spend a Dime
- The Dough Roller – The Dough Roller to donote 50% of its revenue to charity
- Moolanomy – 6 Easy Ways To Simplify Your Finance
- My Two Dollars – It’s The Dreaded “After Christmas” Credit Card Bill Time.
- Paid Twice – Don’t Make the Fatal Flaw in Budgeting
- Plonkee Money – planning for retirement: pensions vs buy to let part 1
- Single Guy Money – Take Advantage of Your 401k
- A Penny Closer – It Gets Even Awesomer
- Brip Blap – learning how to let go
- Blogging Away Debt – Debt Free at Age 28
- ChristianPF – Dave Ramsey book giveaway
- Credit Withdrawl – 100th post – It’s Tough to be the Little Guy
- The Digerati Life – Get Rid Of Your Debt With These Debt Defying Strategies
- DebtKid – Section 341 Bankruptcy Meeting: Wow, That Was Awkward
- Frugal for Life – Understanding Your Job Perks
- Get Rich Slowly – Car Trouble: A Real-Life Lesson in the Value of an Emergency Fund
- Mrs. Micah – How Would You Feel if Your Spouse/Partner Broke Your Budget?
- Wise Bread – Save up to 20% on Gas
- Sense to Save – Better Budget Challenge #1 — Our budgeting experiences
- The Simple Dollar – The Basics: Eight Tactics To Use When You’re Just Starting To Turn Things Around
One other blog I’d like to suggest you check out if you are a blogger or interested in making money on the internet is Skellie’s (from Skelliewag.org) new blog Anywired. I have the upmost respect for Skellie and enjoy her writing immensely. Thanks again for the logo Skellie!