The Friday Gathering for 12/14/2007
4:00pm today signals the beginning of 3 weeks of vacation. I don’t have to return to my real job until January 7th! I have been looking forward to this for weeks now. We aren’t planning to go anywhere, but I look forward to spending some time with my wife and children and just enjoying the holiday season. Since I haven’t completed all of my Christmas shopping yet, I guess I will have to venture out into the shopping chaos a little.
You may notice my posting schedule is a little off for the next 3-weeks. I do have full intentions of keeping it the same, but I am also a realist and continuing to get up early might be a bit of a challenge :-) But I’ll try, how about that?
The 12 days of Christmas personal finance style
The M-Network (specifically Lynnae from Being Frugal) kicked of an original group writing project this week, the 12-Days of Christmas personal finance style. Not only will it have some awesome articles on personal finance topics, but it should just be a really entertaining read. You can read the day 1 on being frugal. Lynnae’s article and all subsequent articles will have links to all of the other articles. I’m writing the 10th day so make sure you stop by on the 12/20 to read my version of the 10th day of Christmas personal finance style.
Once again, I participated in a few carnivals this week. No editor’s picks this week though (I need to work on that). Anyway, here’s links to the carnivals along with the articles I submitted:
- The Carnival of Personal Finance hosted by Cash Money Life included my article on how to make paying your property taxes painless.
- The Carnival of money, growth, and happiness hosted by Credit Card Lowdown included by article Money Saving Monday Tip#1 Again – PriceProtectr
- The Festival of Frugality was hosted by Plonkee Money and included my article Ways To Spend Your Health Care Flexible Spending Account Balance
- The Carnival of Money Stories hosted by Loonies and Sense and included my article Why Do I Always Find a Better Deal AFTER I buy it?
Thanks to all of the hosts, your efforts are sincerely appreciated!
From the M-Network
- Being Frugal – The Best Way to Manage Money
- DebtFREE-Revolution – Three Paid Credit Cards
- Plonkee Money – 4 Calling Tips
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already – Five Golden Rules For Snowflaking
- ChristianPF – Divide and conquer
- Moolanomy – My Foray into Prosper as a P2P Lender
- My Two Dollars – Money Mistake Monday – The I Applied For Too Many Credit Cards Syndrome.
- Single Guy Money – Watch Those Sneaky Credit Card Companies
- The Dough Roller – Four Incredibly Useful Financial Calculations You Can Do In Your Head
From my reader list
- Credit Withdrawal – two guaranteed ways to financial freedom
- My Dollar Plan – Ten Tips for Holiday Shopping Online
- The Simple Dollar – The Meaning of It All
- Get Rich Slowly – Money and Security: Fear of the Future
- Mrs. Micah – Creating a Budget-Friendly Christmas List – 5 ways to make the holidays less expensive for your friends
- Lazy Man and Money – Time Alone is Time Well Spent
- The Digerati Life – Simple Tips For Grocery Shopping That Will Pad Your Pocket, Guaranteed
- Money Ning – Money is Not Everything