Money Saving Monday Tip#1 Again – PriceProtectr
Back in July, just a week after starting this blog I started my series of Money Saving Monday articles. Each Monday I provide a tip that I use or do to save money. With this being one of the busiest shopping seasons of the year, I thought I would republish tip#1 again, as using the PriceProtectr has saved me a considerable amount of money and I want to make sure my new readers are aware of it. Which by the way reminds me, I’d encourage you to read through my archives. My writing has improved a great deal since then, but there is still some pretty good articles in there.
Here’ s the original article Monday Saving Money Tip #1 re-published:
Update: The PriceProtectr website now has a shiny new user-interface, and a new mascot. They also added a retailers page which shows all of the retailers they support, along with information on the retailers policy and other important information.
This is the first in an on-going series of posts I’ll be doing on money saving tips called Money Saving Monday Tips.
If you have any tips you would like to share, send them my way and I’ll consider adding them (and of course credit you).
Tip #1 – Use PriceProtectr
The main Price Protectr site says it best:
Ever buy stuff from stores that offer a price protection guarantee? If they lower their price within a certain amount of time from when you purchased it, they’ll refund you the difference. Sounds great… except how often do you remember to the check price again?
Now you don’t have to. Let PriceProtectr do it for you! It’s free. It’s easy. It’s free and easy money. How often do you get that offer?
I have saved $57.15 using PriceProtectr. It is simple to use, highly effective and has continually made itself easier to use and updated the number of stores it supports.
Here’s a couple of suggestions when returning to the store to get your refund:
- Go to the store as quickly as possible. Prices often change on the store web-sites multiple times during the day.
- Bring a screen print of the online price with you to the store. I have had them hassle me on the price. Bringing a screen print also helps with the first bullet.
- Be prepared to explain them how you are doing this (i.e. finding out about the price drops). Have had a few store managers come and talk with me.
Items I registered with Price Protectr and how much I saved:
Attache 1GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive – Saved: $13
Canon Digital Rebel XTi* – Saved: $7.15
SanDisk Ultra Compact Flash Card – Saved: 25.00
Sony In-Dash Player – Saved: $10.00
Total Saved: $57.15
Please provide your comments on PriceProtectr, and if you’ve saved money, let other readers know.
* I would have saved about $50 on this purchase, but the price dropped intra day and then went back up, hence my suggestions for printing the screen out before you go and claim your money.
Also, please note there are no affiliate links in this posting. I get no financial gain from promoting Price Protectr, just a service I use, like and wanted to share with you.
- Money Saving Monday Tip #1 – Use Price Protectr
- Money Saving Monday Tip #4 – Keep a Price Book
- Money Saving Monday Tip #18 – Buy Generics
- Money Saving Monday Tip #11 – Price Comparison Sites
- Money Saving Monday: 3 Tips to use the Internet and Save $1500 a Year