The Friday Gathering for 11/30/2007
I can’t believe it’s the end of November and Christmas time is soon upon us. We haven’t even put out our Christmas decorations or started our shopping yet!
You may have noticed, but my posting schedule was a little off this week, including this one (it’s a little later than usual). As I posted about in my Friday Gathering from last week, my wife was unfortunate enough to get a kidney stone last week and the process of getting that taken care of was highly taxing on both of us. She ended up requiring two surgeries and was in a tremendous amount of pain most of the week. The good news is, she almost back to normal and feeling significantly better. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for her recovery.
I did get some reading done this week though, and here are my favorite posts from my RSS reader list this week. Hope you have a great weekend…we’re going to catch up on lots of missed sleep!
From the M-Network:
- The Dough Roller – A YouTube Video on How to Make Money in Second Life
- Moolanomy – Steps Debt Reduction Illustrated
- Plonkee Money – save money on your trip to DC: prudent financial planning – a guest post
- My Two Dollars – Does Anyone Actually Receive A New Car For Christmas?
- Being Frugal – You Tell Me: Is it better to get rid of the cards or keep them?
- ChristianPF – I just saved $330 by switching to Geico
- DebtFREE-Revolution – And the Shopping Season Began…
- Single Guy Money – Stealing from Kids
- Paid Twice – Raising Financially Responsible Children
From my other favorite personal finance sites:
- Journey To Financial Freedom – 8 Debt Signals that Tell You How Serious is Your Debt
- Rocket Finance – My kid’s allowance plan
- Punny Money – Idiots Who Cause Car Accidents and Block Traffic Cost You $18 Million A Year
- Free Money Finance – Save Money by Buying a New Air Conditioner Now
- Blogging Away Debt – What Started as a Joke Turned into $40K/year
- Brip Blap – how to lead a mysterious life
- The Digerati Life – How To Find The Perfect Gift For The Lady In Your Life
- Lazy Man And Money – Is Software Development Slowly Killing Me?
- No Credit Needed – Making A Break With The Past – Changing Habits And Thinking Long Term About Personal Finances
- Get Rich Slowly – The Cinnamon Bear: An Annual Holiday Tradition
- The Simple Dollar – Everything You Ever Really Needed to Know About Personal Finance on the Back of Five Business Cards
- A Penny Closer – My First Debt And A $5 Lobster
- Wise Bread – What’s on your Christmas wish list?
From my favorite Blogging Blogs:
- ProBlogger – Getting Your Blog Ready for Christmas
- Skelliewag – A Complete Guide to Finding and Using Incredible Flickr Images