The Friday Gathering for 10/19/2007
Last week I had to skip my weekly Friday Gathering post due to me breaking my wrist. Well, I’m still the “one handed blogger” but getting faster at typing each day, and my wrist is healing up and feeling better. Thanks to all of you who wrote me offering your thoughts and prayers, they are sincerely appreciated. It’s wonderful to have such great, supportive friends!
Just a few quick news items:
- In M-Network news, Financial Dominance and Savings Explained are no longer part of the network. My Two Dollars has joined and is an awesome addition to the network! Welcome David!
- The M-Network participated in Blog Action Day. Here’s my article which contains links to other members articles.
- GLBL reached more than 1,000 unique visitors twice this month and now has more than 200 subscribers!! Are you a subscriber? If not, click here to become one!
- I had a guest post go up today at I’ve Paid Twice For This Already
Anyway, I promised I would have an extra large gathering this week, so promised…
From the M-Network:
- Paid Twice tells us how to celebrate fall the frugal way and gives us a wonderful primer on snowflaking
- ChristianPF asks What is your status symbol? as well as Should a Christian have a credit card?
- My Two Dollars asks How much does $20 a week amount to over time and gives us 10 reasons we should quit our jobs today
- Being Frugal talks about things she’s learned about money by not having alot of it and tells us not to co-sign a loan.
- The Dough Roller asks When is OK good enough?
- Moolanomy discusses the art of unethical upselling. He also shared 7 great personal finance communities.
- Plonkee tells us that cash burns a hole in her pocket and discusses camaraderie and one upmanship
- DebtFREE-Revolution says Sell the car or truck and be FREE. I sold my truck.
- Single Guy Money shares a great personal story about his cousin.
From other PF blogs:
- Punny Money gave me one of the best laughs of the week with his Personal Finance Log of 2053. He also gave us a really slick way to easily verify if your restaurant bill was changed.
- We’re in Debt gives us 7 Roadblocks to Getting Out Of Debt
- Lazy Man And Money tells us how to save money when buying clothes
- Working For Financial Freedom asks are we going about this all wrong??
- Brip Brap tells us about the myth of the parent that NEEDS to work. My wife is a stay at home Mom, and I completely agree with Brip Brap’s perspective. Frankly, my wife has a much tougher job than I do.
- The Simple Dollar as always provided a number of posts I enjoyed: Five Reasons Why Having A Child Isn’t As Expensive As You Might Think, Selling My Future, One Dollar At A Time, Ten Steps To Financial Success For A Minimum Wage Earner,
- The Digerati Life does a little research and tells us why we don’t take vacations. Guilty as charged. She also has great post on the 10 cheapest ways to exercise.
- Free Money Finance thinks Dave Ramsey is a hypocrite!! *gasp*. He also shares that it’s Biblical to do work with excellence and recommends asking for discounts, something I am a big proponent of.
- Money, Matters, and More Musings reminds of times to not worry so much about money and just have fun.
- A Penny Closer talks about emergency funds
- Get Rich Slowly tells us how to eat at a “swanky” restaurant without blowing the budget. He also writes about how to escape from minimum wage
- Journey To Financial Freedom provides us with 5 things that appreciate in value
Have a wonderful weekend !!