September in Review
Another September came to an end Sunday. It was another busy and very successful month for both GLBL, the M-Network and me personally.
Personally, football season for my son officially started, so I spend most weeknights at the football field at his practices. He’s doing awesome this year, and I am very proud of him. Our Saturdays are now consumed by his weekly games, but we really enjoy them. My real job has been keeping me quit busy as well which has made blogging a bit of a challenge, but I like a challenge. Oh, did I mention I turned 38 as well? 2 more years to 40….*sigh*.
GLBL continued to grow, and one of my personal goals for the blog was met on September 24th, the site reached 100 subscribers. I set a goal back in July when I started this blog to reach 100 subscribers by the end of September. So one milestone down and many more to go. My next major goals are: 1) To exceed 1000 unique visitors in a single day and 2) Reach 500 subscribers. I would like to meet both of these by the end of the year. If you would like to help out a bit, please subscribe to either my RSS feed or by email.
GLBL was also listed in two major personal finance blog listings this month. The first from Bootstrapper who compiled a list the Top 50 Christian Business and Finance blogs. We were fortunate enough to be #2 on the list, just below my friend and fellow M-Network blogger ChristianPF. GLBL also received a B on the Hustler Money Blog’s Personal Finance’s Graduating Class of 2007. Blogs receiving a B had to have more than 10,000 page views in a month, 100 or more RSS subscribers, and 100 or more incoming links. While I generally prefer A’s, I was quite pleased with the B.
The M-Network grew as well, with the addition of Being Frugal, DebtFREE-Reduction, Single Guy Money, Savings Explained, and the Dough Roller. There are 11 of us now, and we’re going to keep it that for the time being. The M-Network is a great group of blogs. We have a combined RSS feed you can subscribe to in order to get all of our great and well rounded posts in one easy feed.
Comments increased significantly this month, which I sincerely appreciate. The following were the top 10 commentators for September along with one of my favorite posts from their blog (if they have one):
- PaidTwice - You can’t always get what you want – Now I’m going to be singing that song all day…
- Lynnae – Do you keep secrets from your spouse – I have never done this. If you have good communication in your marriage, respect for each other, and common financial goals this shouldn’t be necessary.
- Pinyo – The Seven Deadly Sins of Personal Finance – How many are you guilty of?
- Bunk – How Goofs Make Over $300 An Hour – Seems my goofs always tend to lose me $300 and hour…hmmmm
- ChristianPF – How to budget with ING Direct – Even though they recently lowered their interest rate, I’m staying with them.
- plonkee - Standing up to the green-eyed monster – Way to go!
- Baz L – Is the World Tired of Movie Parodies – Not sure about the world, but I am. I’d like to see Hollywood get creative again
- Kyle – What My Dad Taught Me About Money – Great advice!
Thanks for your great comments! Want to be listed, than start commenting! Remember, GLBL is a do-follow blog which means you get link credit when you post a comment!
I have great hopes for October and look forward to more growth, new readers, and lots of great comments. Coming October 8th, watch the M-Network as we all share our best and worst financial decisions. I am sure this will be a great series of articles!
On October 15th, the M-Network blogs will be participating in Blog Action Day. If you haven’t read about this incredible event, make sure you check it out. All of the M-Network bloggers along with more than 6000 other bloggers will be posting about the environment, so make sure you mark you calendars!
- August In Review
- Skelliewag.org Simplicity Review
- Finally #1 in Technorati!
- We're a Founding Member of the M-Network!
- Blog Action Day 2007