The Friday Gathering For 9/28/2007
It’s been an exciting week for Gather Little By Little. I had set a goal when I first started to have at least 100 RSS subscribers by the end of September. GLBL reached 100 on Monday of this week! The next goal is more aggressive, 500 by the end of the year. You can help me out by subscribing to my RSS feed if you aren’t already a subscriber! It’s just a few clicks and you won’t miss out on a single post! If you are a subscriber, thanks, I’m sincerely glad to have you!
GLBL was also included in the Hustler Money Blog’s Personal Finance’s Graduating Class of 2007 listing. GLBL received a B, which I am perfectly happy with! There’s a ton of great blogs on the list, so check them out. Most of the M-Network blogs were included in the list as well!
Now for the gathering of my favorite posts of the week from my RSS reader list:
From the M-Network:
- PaidTwice tells us that being assertive really pays off. I’ll vouch for this, I am a fairly assertive person, and if done correctly it can really work.
- Moolanomy shares the 7 deadly sins of personal finance. This is my personal favorite from him. Make sure you check out his guest article over on Get Rich Slowly too. It’s been a huge hit!
- Being Frugal shares her thoughts on why a minimalist lifestyle appeals to her. It’s a great article, and I think her thoughts are dead-on.
- Christian PF provides a great perspective on what we should really do with a raise.
- DebtFREE-Revolution asks When Is A Part-Time Job Not Worth It?
- FinancialDominance recommends we negotiate everything. I love negotiating!
- Plonkee stands up to the big green monster
- Savings Explained gives us 5 steps for coming to terms with your finances
- Single Guy Money talks about 35 minutes to wealth
- The Dough Roller introduces the Dough-O-Meter – If you read now, you get a free knife set! Well, not really but I love the name!
From the Rest of the PF Blogosphere:
- One Million And Beyond discusses spending now vs. saving for retirement and finds the real answer is balance.
- CleverDude tells us to not let pride ruin our lives. Great advice CleverDude.
- Money, Matters and More Musings asks Where Exactly Is the Pressure To Spend?
- Smart Money Life gives us 6 ingredients for for generating passive income. In other words, making money while you sleep.
- Free Money Finance asks if going back to college is really worth it. I have no interest in going back to school. 4 years was long enough for me thanks!
- The Simple Dollar provides some thoughts and tips for handling door to door solicitors. We just don’t answer the door.
- Advanced Personal Finance has a guest post from PaidTwice where she discusses being up at 3:00am and wondering which bills your going to pay tomorrow.
- Blogging Away Debt tells us about Debtors Anonymous
- Watch My Money Maker describes rich as defined by his 5 year old.
- Journey to financial Freedom provides the characters of an entrepreneur
Have a great weekend!