The Friday Gathering for 9/21/2007
Here’s my favorite articles from the M-Network this week:
- Being Frugal gives us some Resources for Frugal Cooking – I’ve been browsing her recommendations this week looking for some good recipes!
- ChristianPF tells us how he budgets with ING Direct – Given their recent interest rate reduction, I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to keep my money there. They do have a great website though.
- Moolanomy has a great article on keeping your spouse informed about your finances – My wife and I do our finances together and do this on going. If you are married you should read his article.
- DebtFREE-Revolution finds a $600 purple truck to replace her husbands 2005 Chevy. First off, I’d replace a Chevy with a $600 dollar Ford any day. New cars are a money pit, and if you can pay cash for something that runs and looks decent than go for it. I kinda like the fact that it looks like a grape with a bed ;-)
- FinanciaDominance tells us that big cities are going to become more unaffordable – That’s why we’re moving to the country!
- PlonkeeMoney provides some tips on selecting a savings account. The specific examples are UK banks, but the tips apply regardless.
- PaidTwice experiments with frugality and learns a tough (and messy) lesson – I think I’ll stick with the store bought ones thank you…
- SingleGuyMoney shares a funny, but scary phishing email – Don’t ever click on a link to any company from an email. Always visit the website directly and login that way.
- The Dough Roller has a series of articles that tells us how personal finance is much like playing chess. I’m a bit concerned, I’m terrible at chess…also, note to self: don’t challenge DR to a game of chess.
Here’s just a few of my favorite’s from the Blogosphere:
- Advanced Personal Finance shows us the Personal Finance Lifecycle – Very insightful and thought provoking article on breaking up personal finance by age and what is important when.
- MinTheGap tells us how times of trouble show us what we should really fear – This isn’t directly personal finance related, but the concepts apply. How many times have you made a bad financial decision fearing what others might think? This is commonly called peer pressure.
- Cindy from Staged 4 More wrote a guest post on Free Money Finance on how to start your own business. This is something I’ve always wanted to do, I’m just too chicken…er, risk adverse.
- Lazy Man And Money wrote a great article about his struggles with jealousy – First off, I’m a VP and it really means nothing except I get an extra week of vacation. Second, you aren’t alone Lazy Man, I struggle with the same thing all the time.
- Get Rich Slowly talks about another thing I struggle with as well, procrastination
- The Digerati Life tells us about inflation – Great article, with lots of colorful and useful graphics!
Last but not least, here’s a summary of my articles for this week:
- Money Saving Monday Tip #10 – Patience is a virtue
- The End of Cash?
- Carnivals for the week of 9/16/2007
- My First Guest Post!
- Financial Peer Pressure, Stop The Influence!
- Net Worth: How To Include Your Retirement Account
Hope you have a wonderful and blessed weekend!