The Friday Gathering for 8/31/2007
This week has been incredibly busy for me. Work has been just nuts and football season for my oldest son is in full swing with 3 practices a week from 6pm-8pm. We are heading to the mountains for the long weekend and can’t wait to get away for a few days! I did manage to allocate some time to catch up on all of the various PF blogs. Here’s my article “gathering” for this week:
From the M-Network:
- Moolanomy talks about the super-size problem here in America
- Plonkee asks “Who do you donate to and why?“
- Financial Dominance tells us to give graduates the gift of a financial education – I couldn’t agree more
- Being Frugal tells us that paying off debt is all about choices
- Paid Twice provides some tips for working from home and being a mom too – I think she really means working from home as a second job, being a stay at home Mom is a full-time job as it is! Kudos to her for being able to do both, oh and blog too!
- ChristianPF, our newest M-Network member had a bunch of great articles this week, but my favorite was the simple act he did – I have always wanted to do this, but being a bit introverted just never have. I commend Bob on following through.
From my other favorite PF Sites:
- Lazy Man started a Save Money series he will be doing each Monday. This is very similar to my Money Saving Money Tips feature.
- Trent had a great article on Setting Priorities – I agree with his order
- A guest post on Blogging Away Debt tells us how credit card companies bait and trap us with 0% – I always love articles that back up my claim that credit cards are evil.
- Saving Explained gives us some tips to motivate our savings
- CleverDude as part of his Examine Your Motives series discusses Buying a Car
Here’s a summary of posts from me this week:
- Hilarious But So True SNL Video On the Secret to Wealth
- Money Saving Monday: 3 Tips to use the Internet and Save $1500 a Year
- Monday Carnivals
- Reduce Your Expenses By Avoiding Temptation
- The Carnival of Money Stories #23 Is Up!
- Simplify Your Finances
- 7 Things I’ve Given Up to Prune My Expenses
See you on Tuesday when I’ll recap the month of August and list the top commentators!