The Friday Gathering for 8/24/2007
It’s time again for school to start. All of my children but 2 will be heading off on the buses Monday morning, their new backpacks full of clean paper, new pencils, and crisp folders. They are so excited and can’t wait until Monday. Their mother is as well! Every year I reminded of my youth, when summer break seemed like forever and I was excited about the return to school only to remember within the first couple of weeks why I looked forward to summer break again. This summer has gone by so fast, much faster than previous summers. It would seem there is trend. The older I get, the faster time seems to go by…getting old stinks!
Anyway, here’s a few of my favorite posts this week from the personal finance M-Network and the PF blogosphere:
From the M-Network:
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already provides her MOMA (My One Money Advice)
- Plonkee gives hers as well
- Financial Dominance responds to the MOMA meme as well
- Being Frugal jumps in with her MOMA meme as well
- Moolanomy tells us to Throw Away Junk, Organize, and Save Money
- Plonkee has yet another post on insurance that I really like (and didn’t steal…inside joke)
- BeingFrugal has a great article that asks us if we realize we are in debt?
- FinancialDominance has a great article on the Illinois 529 Plan
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already teaches her 3 year old the value of two dollars
From the rest of the PF blogosphere:
- The Dough Roller looks at Five Guys and the Art of the Great Burger – I LOVE Five Guys
- Saving With Me discusses “Financial Mistakes I Have Committed”
- Free Money Finance has an article on Avoiding Home Business Scams
- Savings Explained tells us that Emergency funds are hurting our savings
- ChristianPF provides a great list of Warren Buffet quotes
- Savings Explained gives us an awesome list of 116 Financial Resources
- All Financial Matters tells us how to meet future goals without stocks
- CleverDude says You Can’t Trust That Car Fax Report!
- Five Cent Nickel discusses mortgage fees: What’s legit and what isn’t
- Punny Money gives us five problems that will make us Billionaires if we solve them
Here’s the posts this week from Gather Little By Little:
- Money Saving Monday Tip #7: Saving Money At Amusement Parks
- Carnivals and More Carnivals
- You Never Know What Tomorrow Holds, So Be Prepared
- DIY Financial Planning
- Good Debt?? There is No Such Thing – I think the most controversial article I’ve had
- How to Get Your Finances Under Control – Step 6 and 3/4 – To Be Continued
- My One Money Advice (MOMA Meme)
Hope you have a great weekend!!