The Friday Gathering for 8/10/2007
Another Friday has arrived, and rather quickly I might add. Here in the Carolina’s we’re reaching record highs of 104 with heat indexes of 108! To make matters worse, football practice for my oldest son started last night, so needless to say it was a bit miserable. Anyway, here’s some of the “hot” posts this week from the Personal Finance Blog community that I enjoyed reading:
- Getting Green had two articles I enjoyed, one on how to make a guaranteed 14.57% return on your money and the other on why using home equity lines to pay off your debt doesn’t make sense
- Journey to Financial Freedom discusses why they started an internet business
- Get Rich Slowly provides an Introduction to the Crossover Point
- The Simple Dollar debates with his wife on whether to pay off debt or invest
- Blogging Away Debt has a guest post about how debt doesn’t have to be part of life
- No Credit Needed had a great article that answers the question: Is It Really Possible to Talk With Your Spouse About Finances Without Getting Into An Argument?
- Moolanomy posted an article highlighting 7 costly retirement savings mistakes to avoid
- The Dough Roller discussed 10 surefire ways to spend more than you make
Here’s a summary of the articles this week from yours truly, Gather Little By Little:
- Money Saving Monday Tip #5 – Use Digital Phone Service
- Garage Sale Update
- In The Beginning
- Ask The Readers – What Software or Tools Do You Use To Manage Your Finances?
- A Few Minor Changes
- Why Debit Cards Are Better Than Credit Cards
Have a great weekend and stay cool!