A Few Minor Changes
While trying to provide you with articles and postings that you will enjoy reading and participating in, I’ve also been hard at work on the site itself. During some downtime today and over the past few weeks I’ve made the following changes I think you’ll like:
- Modified the MyBlogLog and BlogCatalog widgets to show more faces. If you haven’t checked out these blog social networking sites, I would invite you to do so. I’ve met some great folks and found some great blogs.
- Added a Most Popular Posts widget to the sidebar that shows the top 5 posts here on Gather Little By Little. Ranking is done by a combination of page views and comments.
- Created an Articles page that shows all of the feature articles I’ve written all on one page and by category to make the site easier for you to navigate.
- Cleaned up the footer as part of my efforts to make the overall site less complicated. I’m a firm believer in simplicity and “less is more”.
- Added a What is This? link next to the RSS feed icon to educate readers on RSS and the benefits of using a feed.
- Added various different features to enhance the user experience including Subscribe to Comments, MyBlogLog Avatars displayed next to your comments, and Net Bible which automatically links any scripture references to Bible.org, for example: Philippians 1:21
- For you bloggers, I’ve also made all of my comment links do-follow links. This means you’ll get search engine credit for any comments you make.
I have a whole list of things I want to do with the site, so keep an eye out for changes. I’m just making changes the same way I do my finances, “Little By Little” :-)
I sincerely hope you are enjoying reading this blog half as much as I am publishing it. If you have any ideas or suggestions for things you would like to see, just drop me a line or add a comment on my Ask the Readers posting.
Oh, and thanks so much for being a part of Gather Little By Little, I’m really glad to have you!